標籤

語言學習 (135) 德文 (120) 德國 (58) 筆記 (56) Tools (42) 旅遊 (29) Quote (28) 學習 (19) 食譜 (9) Fun Idea (8) Scout童軍 (7) 翻譯 (6) 科隆 (5) DIY (4) 芝麻街 (4) 打工度假 (3) Animation (2) TED (2) 運動 (2) Reisen in Taipeh (1) The Science of Us (1) 澳洲 (1) 科普 (1)

搜尋此網誌

2013年9月10日 星期二

[Scouting] Post Taiwan to the World

中文版

"Post Taiwan to the World" project has been kicked-off since June 2013 after knowing I am going to KISC[1] for International Rover Week(IRW)[2].  In the following article I will try to explain how it start and what is it, and last but not least what happened in the end. :)


Start from a scratch

After my first oversea jamboree(2007 WSJ[3]), I started writing letters and sending postcards to my friends I met there, I promise to myself that I want to do more to introduce Taiwan, the beautiful island where I grow up.  However, the number is really limited if I only write to people I know, and post-crossing is not within the option since I don't want to send people who do it only for country collection like having trophies.



When/Why did this happen?


This year I happened to have chance to join 2013 International Rover Week in KISC Switzerland.
According to the bulletin, it's going to invite 45 countries, 90 scouts in total to attend the "90 Jubilee" for the iconic scout centre. 

That is the time I begin to think what could I bring to this event to achieve this goal.
And Nisan Design(尼森設計)[4] helped a lot with this project.
"Post Taiwan to the World" is their slogan and vision. Nisan is a Taiwan based Design studio specialize in producing Taiwan Featured Postcards, their famous collection includes "Learning Chinese Characters", "Ancient Map of the island".

I wrote to them to explain the event I would like to go and ask if I could use their products to promote Taiwan.  And they accepted the proposal. What's better? I received the postcards they sponsored at the next working day! 
(The collection here are all featured Taiwan Nature Scenery, endemic species, folk rituals, etc.)
Take a glance at those beautiful postcards.
Further more, click here

What is it exactly?

With all these postcards, people can read the introductions of each amazing photos and choose one they like, write to themselves, and give it back to me.  After collecting all these cards, I will bring them back to Taiwan and post them! You will have your event memory, images of Taiwan all together after a few weeks.  

It was designed for participants of IRW, who are all above 18, capable to understand the rules in English and put down their full address on it.  However, with some assistance of other guides or venture scouts, I decided to expanded to all the people at the venue for international night.  Some of kids have written their first postcard in their lives to themselves, even for parents.  Some staffs(Pinkies) at KISC are happy to have chance to write themselves a postcard to hometown.


How far did it go?

142 Cards, 25 Countries
I brought 160 postcards with me, traveled back with 142.  Some people decided to collect it at the spot instead standing the risk of losing it during the posting.  I stamped them and posted them all  on 26 Aug 2013, to 25 different places around the world.
Maybe you could find your countries here(Put in alphabetical order):
  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Canada
  • Costa Rica
  • Cyprus
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • Ghana
  • Great Britain
  • Hong Kong 
  • Ireland
  • Japan 
  • Kiribati
  • Madagascar
  • Netherlands
  • Papua New Guinea 
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Serbia
  • Spain
  • South Africa
  • Switzerland
  • USA 

THE END?

To be honest, I don't know.  Most of people I sent don't have my contacts.  I can only cross my fingers to hope all the postcards go back to their owner. Maybe I will never know whether all cards have reached their destinations.  However, the more important thing is that the cards are not about me but themselves.  The content was written by themselves in their own languages.

A few receivers are my pals met in IRW. Today (10 Sep 2013) they told me they received the postcards! :)
They love it and this is what I want from the very first place, I want people be happy, smiling and looking at the postcard with lovely memories about this summer.

Who knows, maybe I will launch the project next time.  And you can do the same. :)
As a scout, I'm possible for everything I want to achieve, right?
People are picking and writing their own postcards

If you are the first 90 lucky ones can have a TW badge as well.

Right before I post them!

[1] KISC:
Kandersteg International Scout Centre is a World Centre of the World Organisation of the Scout Movement (WOSM). The Centre began in 1923 with Lord Baden-Powell, who, after the first World Scout Jamboree, had a dream about a place where all Scouts from all over the world could meet. His dream came true and now YOU have the opportunity to visit Kandersteg International Scout Centre and live YOUR Dream! Check it here!

[2] International Rover Week: 

This long tradition started with Alpine Weeks for Rovers in the 1930s and was rekindled in 2011 with our first International Rover Week. Since then, we hosted a total of four International Rover Weeks, both in Summer and Winter, and this year, in 2013, we are looking forward to the biggest one yet: 
Our International Rover Week for KISC's 90th anniversary! For this occasion we're inviting 90 Rovers from 45 different countries to the Swiss Alps for a week of adventures, exchanges and friendship!

[3] 2007 WSJ:
This stands for 2007 World Scout Jamboree in UK.

[4] Nisan Design(尼森設計)
Check out more amazing designs, click here!

1 則留言: